[CentOS] OT: centos.org web site not responding

Fri Mar 20 20:36:35 UTC 2009

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 2:48 PM, John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 8:40 PM, John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com> wrote:
>> <snip>
>>> I did some more pinging later on from one of my servers in San Jose,
>>> California, and saw some signs of route instability at layeredwhazza
>>> where the next hop after what should have been hte next-to-last one was
>>> coming from various routers all going 'no route to destination'
<snip>
> I wouldn't put too much faith in that, however.   i only saw this once.

John: I think Per from Sweden this morning (USA time) found that his
traceroute to the server died, within Layered Tech. After Tru filed
the Trouble Ticket with LT the other day, it started working again for
me, but now it's dead again down here. The LT Tech replied he thought
there was a problem on Level3 in Dallas, but my bet is the problem is
within the LT DC. Ping times from here are higher than they were a
couple of days ago, but faster than pings to my 2 sites in the USA
(on shared servers) and now they are very close. The other day, there
was a lot of variance in ping times to centos.org Intermittent
problems are always the worst to eliminate....  Lanny