[CentOS] Getting ready for CentOS 5.4

mbneto mbneto at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 13:55:59 UTC 2009

There were some unusual situations with core developers this time around.

This is something that we should address don't you think?

> Some additional resources could help but since CentOS developers are
> unpaid, raising money for human resources may not be the correct
> approach.  Beefing up the buildsystem has been noted as something
> desirable.

I think that this is somewhat contradictory.  If the developers are unpaid
we should be considering at least some help (paid one) so we can expect a
more regular approach not a best effort one.

And who is going to develop such nice automation?  There has been
> regular news:
> <http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=18223&forum=37>

Well, there is no need to automation.  This paid help would send one email
per day with the summary.