[CentOS] how to access encrypted EXT3 partition from Windows

Rudi Ahlers

rudiahlers at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 09:16:11 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I know some may find this OT, so please ignore this if you think it's
OT. I don't know any Linux-friendly Windows mailing lists / forums
that will even bother with Linux related questions.

I want to carry some data (client info, documents, photos, email,
accounting stuff, etc) with me on a USB HDD, but want to encrypt it. I
know one easy way to shared data between Windows & Linux is to save it
on a FAT32 partition. But, I can't encrypt FAT32, so instead I'll
format the HDD with EXT3 (probably on a LVM as well), and then encrypt
it. I also know there are a few good tools for Widows to read EXT3
partitions, but I can't find one that will read encrypted EXT3
partitions (maybe I'm not searching the correct terms?).

So, does anyone know how to access (read & write) to EXT3 from Windows?

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers