[CentOS] lftp SSL_connect error

Sean Carolan

scarolan at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 14:44:19 UTC 2009

I am unable to find any documentation about this error message,
perhaps one of you has experienced this as well.  We have an FTP
server that is configured to accept FTP transactions over SSL.  The
server is working fine, as I am able to log in with lftp from my test
linux machine in the office.  None of our data center machines are
able to connect so perhaps this is a firewall or NAT issue?  Anyway
here is the very un-descriptive error message:

**** SSL_connect: error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0)
---- Closing control socket
`ls' at 0 [Delaying before reconnect: 18]

It just sits there trying to reconnect over and over again.  Any ideas?