[CentOS] Getting ready for CentOS 5.4

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Fri Mar 27 18:24:46 UTC 2009

Les Mikesell wrote:

> While I love CentOS, think the team does the best possible job, and
> appreciate the work they put into undoing the restrictions on
> redistribution by the upstream distro, I have to wonder if it isn't time
> to just switch to a base distribution that doesn't impose those
> restrictions that force the extra work and delays in the first place.

What restrictions are you talking about exactly?

Personally, I run Centos on my server
because it doesn't change too rapidly,
and this makes me think it can be trusted
not to cause me too much trouble.

I don't mind taking that trouble on my laptops,
where I run Fedora-10.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net