[CentOS] Getting ready for CentOS 5.4

Noob Centos Admin centos.admin at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 22:30:38 UTC 2009

On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 3:13 AM, William L. Maltby
<CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com> wrote:
> As a step to reducing the "pressure" and dissatisfaction of "Are We
> There Yet?" ("When will xxx be released?"), a simple publication of a
> projected time line will help. It should be updated as needed. It should
> understood that this could be another source of "pressure" as a release
> date nears and folks realize it may be missed.

I'll suggest that instead of a timeline, which would be a source of
pressure like you said, a weekly progress update would be just fine.
Similar to what Karanbir, IIANW, has done on his twitter/blog
recently. Maybe something like

"CentOS 5.4 Progress: Completed 2/7 Stages.
Stage 3 estimated 5% completed.
No progress expected for next two weeks due to XYZ convention"

The main thing is actually the VISIBILITY part. Putting it on CentOS
frontpage would cut down a lot of the unnecessary "when/where"
questions and leave the developers in peace :)