[CentOS] Getting ready for CentOS 5.4

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Mon Mar 30 04:56:07 UTC 2009

Ray Van Dolson wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 12:46:35PM -0700, Michael A. Peters wrote:
>> The Firefox 1.5 to 3.0 move in RHEL was at least understandable, there
>> was good reason for that, but some of the EPEL changes - I think they
>> leave it to the discretion of the packager but it's annoying.
>
> Unfortunately it's often times not feasible for an EPEL package
> maintainer to backport security fixes as RH is able to do.  We simply
> don't have the time nor skillset.

I really apologize - reading my own post, I sounded like a jerk.
I stopped maintaining for Fedora Extras because I just no longer had the
time, and I do understand the issue and am grateful that the packages
exist so that I don't have to compile as many myself.

It is a little frustrating and annoying, but I do greatly appreciate the
contributions of those who contribute even when a shared lib does version.