[CentOS] live audio feed via telephone link

JohnS jses27 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 15:23:38 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-03-29 at 08:54 -0500, Lanny Marcus wrote:

> The other thing, if it is Line of Sight, as suggested by previous
> posters, is a VHF radio link.
----

I would not bet my load on line of sight! I have seen days where VHF
(tropo)will travel 3500 miles and days where it would not get to my
neighbors house! Add that into the equation. Just keep in mind TV
stations ( analog/digital) transmit Kilowatts to just get 75 mile
coverage.

Now, what about a long element yagi? Good, but not dependable. Stick
with a Land Line. RF is the most unpredictable form of AC current there
is in the world. You never know what it is going to do. The atmosphere
predicts it's fate.

JohnStanley