[CentOS] need trouble ticket system

Steve Lindemann steve at marmot.org
Mon Mar 30 20:37:35 UTC 2009

Dhaval Thakar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to implement trouble tracking system,
> we have 250 users in one premise & 3 desktop support technicians.
>
> I need to implement trouble ticket system, where user will enter their
> application / other issues. Mail will be sent to technician available on
> duty.
> trouble ticket will be provided to user & will be given close stat once
> resolved.
>
> Kindly suggest me one such application based on open source.

While I'll admit it takes some tweaking for the purpose, I'm surprised
no one has mentioned bugzilla.  It's a little bit of work to setup as a
helpdesk trouble ticket system, but it does work at the task reasonably
well.  When I put it up here there wasn't as much to choose from that
provided the flexibility we needed then.  The only real grief I've seen
is the multiple checks required to fully close a ticket (bug) are a bit
much for a typical helpdesk.  They make perfect sense when dealing with
software bugs... 8^)

We've been looking at replacing it with something less complex but
haven't found anything yet that makes it worth the trouble for us to
change.  Try several and find the one that works for you.
--
Steve Lindemann                         __
Network Administrator                  //\\  ASCII Ribbon Campaign