[CentOS] installing centos from usb

Mark Porter mark.porter at airsetinc.com
Tue Mar 31 20:38:18 UTC 2009

To use kickstart off usb, we just use
linux ks=hd:sde1:/ourkickstart.cfg
(Of course, the "e" will change depending on your drives, on our 10-drive
systems it is
linux ks=hd:sdk1:/ourkickstart.cfg)

And it works great.  We have NOT yet had any success with putting the CD#1
ISO or the DVD on USB, but we would love to do so, so if anybody knows how,
it would be great to see it here.