[CentOS] (a) WinPower RPM available? (b) where to install if use tar.gz file?

Sun Mar 1 00:17:14 UTC 2009
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 7:39 PM, Joseph L. Casale
<JCasale at activenetwerx.com> wrote:
>>I've got the package below installed now. Is that the right one?
>
> No
>
>>Running Transaction
>>  Installing: perl-UPS-Nut                 ######################### [1/1]
>>Installed: perl-UPS-Nut.noarch 0:0.04-1.el5.rf
>>Complete!
>
> Slow down a bit son, anything with a "Perl-" in the front is, well, a perl
> module:)

After I clicked send, immediately after I clicked send, I realized
that it was a perl module. That's the only nut package I came up with,
when I searched with yum, so I didn't have the proper search terms.

> You should have done a yum info first.
>
> # yum info perl-UPS-Nut.noarch
<snip>
> perl-UPS-Nut is a Perl module to talk to a UPS via NUT (Network UPS Tools) upsd.
>
> This package contains the following Perl module:
>
>    UPS::Nut
>
> Looks like rpmfind doesn't show any for RHEL :/ You might have to roll your own.
> Let's try and get Apcupsd working first, your config was wrong to start so its worth
> trying again.

Thank you!   I feel better about not finding the packages for nut,
when I searched with yum!     :-)     I hope apcupsd will work with
this UPS, if I can configure it properly.

I will try apcupsd again. What should I change in the config for apcupsd?

Just a little bit of knowledge, which is what I have about Linux, can
be *extremely*  dangerous.... I had come up with the idea that I might
need to "roll" my own package(s) for nut, but I will really need to
RFM before even thinking about trying to do that, because I'm not sure
what that involves.... I have 2 books:  "Running Linux" and "Red Hat
Fedora and Enterprise Linux 4 Bible" which probably will explain that,
along with the CentOS Wiki. The development tools are installed on
this box, if I need them to do that.

Joe: Thank you very  much. And you called me "son". Who is older?   :-)  Lanny