[CentOS] wifi and the default keyring

Wed Mar 18 20:44:33 UTC 2009
Michael Klinosky <mpk2 at enter.net>

Hello.
I'm using my laptop (an Acer Aspire 3680, with built-in Atheros wifi). I
installed 5.2 on it, and it's working nicely. But, I have an issue with
the keyring. I should mention that this is my *first* experience with
keyrings.

When I set up the wifi, it stated basically that "nm-applet wants to
access the default keyring, but it's locked. Enter password." So I did.
(I made one up.) So, every time I boot, it asks for the password.

Then, I found out about the trick of making it the same as the user's
login password. Yes, that works, _but only if 'auto-login' is disabled_.

It amounts to having to enter the login pw on every boot, or the default
keyring pw.

So, my question:
* Can I totally disable (remove?) the keyring stuff, and set up
nm-applet another way to get the wifi passphrase?
- or -
* Can I _permanently_ unlock the default keyring?
- or -
* Another trick? Whatever circumvents having to enter the keyring
password with 'auto-login' enabled.