[CentOS] How to check server kernel support 32 Gb RAM (X86, CENTOS 4.7)??

Mon Mar 30 17:47:40 UTC 2009
mcclnx mcc <mcclnx at yahoo.com.tw>

we have CENTOS 4.7 (X86) on DELL server, I already put 32 GB RAM on it.  I can use "top" or "free" to check memory and it did show 32 GB.

I check REDHAT site and found it say:

The "SMP" kernel supports a maximum of 16GB of main memory. Systems with more than 16GB of main memory use the "Hugemem" kernel.

I use "uname -r" to check kernel and it show:

# uname -r
2.6.9-78.0.13.ELsmp

It did NOT show "Hugemem", does this server kernel support 32 GB or not?  If NOT how can I change kernel to "hugeme"?

Thanks.

付費才容量無上限?Yahoo!奇摩電子信箱2.0免費給你,信件永遠不必刪! http://tw.mg0.mail.yahoo.com/dc/landing