[CentOS] (a) WinPower RPM available? (b) where to install if use tar.gz file?

Sun Mar 1 22:43:24 UTC 2009
Joseph L. Casale <JCasale at activenetwerx.com>

>I need to do a
>simulated power failure, to verify that it will in fact shutdown the
>box after 2 minutes!

Plug the PC into a stable power source, let the same PC monitor the UPS.
Unplug the UPS and place a load on it, watch what it instructs the PC to
do :)

Check your halt scripts for a command to drop the power in the UPS
*after* your root remounts ro and hopefully your ups supports this and your
bios powers up after power returns so when the outage is over, everything
returns to normal.

>Still curious about nut and apcupsd and learning how to package.
>Thanks to everyone who replied!

I would be as well:) Apcupsd and NUT are both stable, popular and well
documented projects. I am not sure about the one you are using...

jlc