[CentOS] (a) WinPower RPM available? (b) where to install if use tar.gz file? [Solved]

Tue Mar 3 22:29:46 UTC 2009
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 3:46 PM, Joseph L. Casale
<JCasale at activenetwerx.com> wrote:
>>This wasn't the SW for me to try to "roll my own" RPM with, since the
>>Source code wasn't available to me, etc.
>
> You don't need source to make an rpm. You can simply use an rpm as an
> organized way to distribute and keep track of files that are installed.

Since installing stuff that isn't an RPM is strongly discouraged, with
CentOS, Upstream, etc., for various very valid reasons,  it would have
been a good learning experience for me. Not sure if I had the Binary.
There was a file setup.bin     Lots of JRE stuff in the tarball.

The Winpower SW and Documentation were probably written in Taiwan by
someone whose native language isn't English. Much better than
something I write in Spanish.