[CentOS] hplip problems - configure: error: "cannot find libjpeg support"

Mon Mar 9 13:15:55 UTC 2009
Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com>

On Monday 09 March 2009 11:53:35 Roger Wells wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:
> > On Friday 06 March 2009 16:39, John Doe wrote:
> >> From: Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com>

> >> Maybe you need libjpeg-devel and libusb-devel?
> >
> > Thanks, John and Robert.  I installed both, and sure enough 3.9.2 ran and
> > apparently completed, but when I tried to run hp-setup it said that
> > python-dbus is not installed.  My attempts with yum have not succeeded in
> > tracking this down, so do you know how/where I get  python-dbus?  Thanks
>
> Anne,
> You are now where I am.  It seems that maybe the python-dbus that is
> needed requires python 2.5 whereas 2.4 is what is installed.

If it turns out that that is the case, I'll have to try to uninstall 3.9.2 and
put the older one one.   Keep watching the thread and I'll keep you informed.

Anne