[CentOS] need help with keyring

Tue Mar 10 04:17:46 UTC 2009
MHR <mhullrich at gmail.com>

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 2:55 PM, Michael Klinosky <mpk2 at enter.net> wrote:

> Ok, so I have a laptop with wifi, running CentOS 5.2. When I boot it, it
> finds the nearby wifi signals, and tries to connect to mine. To do this,
> it puts up a window to get my default keyring password. Perhaps I needed
> to config something?

I had a similar problem at my last job connecting Evolution to a
Windows Exchange Server for my email.  Eventually, I found that if I
told Evolution NOT to remember my password, but I input it manually
every time, then the system would not pester me about the default
keyring password.

For the record, I never did figure out the problem, and my requests
for assistance from the gnome list went nowhere - I suspect no one
there knew how to get past this, either.  I tried creating new
keyrings, all the passwords I could think of for the default keyring
(none of them worked, including no password), and I found this
workaround to be sufficient for what I needed.

HTH

mhr