[CentOS] Centos 5.2 live cd won't boot

Wed Mar 11 13:31:21 UTC 2009
Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com>

Michael Peterson wrote on Tue, 10 Mar 2009 16:44:43 -0500:

> What do you mean by this?
> Is this because you changed the original post and you thought I was
> replying to the other part of the original post.

Sorry? I did not "change" anything. You replied to *my* posting with
questions to the original poster and with *nothing* that referred to my
posting. Do you do the same in face-to-face discussion? Person A has a
problem and asks something in a round, Person B replies and you then ask
person B for further information about the problem that person A has?
Really? Won't you rather address person A directly?

> Are you saying everyone should create a new thread path from the
> original post each time

not each time, it depends on the natural flow of discussion. I think this
should be obvious.

> instead of keeping a thread going to get a
> solution solved?

Simply reply to that posting that you refer to. That could be the root
posting or any posting down the thread. Again, it depends what you refer
to. If you think that a thread is built by appending the next posting
always to the previous posting and it's a neverending single chain of
postings, then you got it wrong.

> This would make it a great pain to find answers if everyone had to start
> from scratch every time when they posted.

Not at all. It organizes the thread in the natural flow of discussion.
This is not a forum, which often are built on top of broken software that
doesn't know anything about flow of discussion - e.g. they are unthreaded.
If you got this bad habit from forums - get rid of it! Even in most forums
you can quote correctly and thus indicate which posting you refer to
although they might all be chained together.

> No one else has been asked to do this.

I asked you because you used *my* posting as a root instead of the correct
posting and so I immediately recognized it as it came in as a follow-up to
me but wasn't one. I'm sure not scrutenizing each and every posting for
this. Most people here do understand threading.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany