[CentOS] OT: centos.org web site not responding

Mon Mar 16 17:55:53 UTC 2009
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

On 3/16/09, John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com> wrote:
> R P Herrold wrote:
>> On Mon, 16 Mar 2009, Lanny Marcus wrote:
>>> The web site for CentOS is not responding. I can ping it OK, but the
>>> web site is not responding to http requests from my browser. If the
>>> webmaster should happen to read this...
>>
>> working fine here, and from two other test locations -- it
>> might make more sense to use the IRC channel for time
>> sensitive reports
>
> yeah, from here and from my work, too, which are on two very different
> networks.

I'm glad it's working for you and Russ. Must be a routing problem from
here (I use opendns.com). I can get to my web sites, which are on
servers in CT, without any problems, so it seems to be a geographic
thing, from my end. Whatever the problem is, the good news is that the
CentOS web site is up and running OK for you.    :-)