[CentOS] Firefox seg faults

Tue Mar 17 16:59:02 UTC 2009
William L. Maltby <CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com>

On Tue, 2009-03-17 at 12:30 -0400, Rob Kampen wrote:
> <snip>

> Update:
> removed firefox and flash via yumex.
> removed the ~/.mozilla folder completely and started afresh.
> re-installed firefox - i386 version on a x86_64 system as this seem to
> be the safest and it works fine at home.
> all appears okay - particularly my web site https://www.ndgonline.net/ndg/
> then installed the adobe supplied flash player and it seg faults as it
> goes to render the godaddy logo at the bottom of my page.
> remove the flash player and all is well - so it appears that the flash
> player is the problem.......
> anyone else have this issue or any experience or insight they can share??

I don't know if this helps, but since you didn't give any specifics, I'm
hoping that thgis will help you.

$ rpm -qa|grep flash
flash-plugin-10.0.22.87-release.i386

$ cat /etc/yum.repos.d/adobe-linux-i386.repo
[adobe-linux-i386]
name=Adobe Systems Incorporated
baseurl=http://linuxdownload.adobe.com/linux/i386/
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
priority=5
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-adobe-linux

I'm not 64 bit, but this works fine for me.

> <snip sig stuff>

HTH
--
Bill