[CentOS] mmonit - Permission denied errot

Tue Mar 24 19:12:48 UTC 2009
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 5:16 AM, Rajagopal Swaminathan
<raju.rajsand at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just downloaded the mmonit from mmonit.com site on my CentOS box
> untarred-unizipped it.
> As per the documentation, I dutifully typed
> ./bin/mmonit
> and it is refusing to run. I am running this as root and SELinux is disabled.

There is something you should have installed, first, that was
recommended to me, by someone on the list, a month or so ago. I think
the name is checkinstall and it comes from RPMForge.  It monitors what
you install, so you can uninstall it. If checkinstall is not the name
of the package, I hope someone on the list will provide the correct
name for you. You can install it with Yum, if you have the RPMForge
Repository configured. The other problem(s) you are having, someone
else will hopefully help you with. <snip>