[CentOS] Monitoring IP masquerading on LVS load-balancing

Thu Mar 26 01:00:55 UTC 2009
David Dyer-Bennet <dd-b at dd-b.net>

Barry Brimer wrote:
> Quoting David Dyer-Bennet <dd-b at dd-b.net>:
>

>> But I want to observe the connections on the load balancer.
>>

> ipvsadm -L -c -n should do the trick.  Also, you shouldn't need that MASQ rule
> unless you need to MASQ traffic originating from inside your private network.
> LVS handles all LVS related NATing.

Ah, yes, ipvsadm, had forgotten that, or I'm sure the man page would
have given me the rest (downside of using web-based config, I don't
learn the local tools as well).   I do need to MASQ traffic originating
in the private network, the services running there have to connect out
to get to the database, and since the default route on those boxes
points to the load-balancer to make LVS work.
> Be careful .. you must use the lower case 'c' in this command as the uppercase
> 'C' will CLEAR your ipvs table and break things.

That'd be exciting :-).

--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b at dd-b.net; http://dd-b.net/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info