[CentOS] live audio feed via telephone link

Thu Mar 26 18:19:21 UTC 2009
Frank Cox <theatre at sasktel.net>

On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 09:23:31 -0700
Scott Silva wrote:

> If they already have a microwave link to the antenna site, it shouldn't be
> that hard to repeat that signal to another site. They could put a microwave
> repeater at the antenna site and move the receiver that is now there to the
> third site.

Thanks loads to everyone who's offered advice regarding this matter so far.

I have now started exploring the feasibility and cost of VHF and microwave
solutions to this situation as well.  It appears that anything that we do will
involve hardware costs, but if we can do it this way then the phone company
won't be collecting a monthly fee forevermore, and that's got to add up to a
saving down the line.

I definitely know more about this stuff now  and have more options to look
at than I did a couple of days ago, thanks largely to the help of everyone here
on this mailing list.