[CentOS] Getting ready for CentOS 5.4

Sat Mar 28 13:38:48 UTC 2009
Rob Kampen <rkampen at kampensonline.com>

Rob Kampen
Neal Development Group

On Mar 27, 2009, at 18:39, Frank Thommen <frank.thommen at embl-heidelberg.de
 > wrote:

> nate wrote:
>> Les Mikesell wrote:
>>
>>> [...]
>>
>> I think it's safe to assume that the majority of CentOS users out
>> there run CentOS on servers, not on desktops/laptops/etc.
>
> So I'm one from the minority then :-).  CentOS 5 is running on
> (almost)
> all servers and (really) all Linux clients here.  Being used to the
> "RedHat" way from a former job and not being happy with the fast
> release
> cycles of Fedora, CentOS was a logical choice.  No more system
> instabilities and no more package incompatibilities since we switched
> from Fedora (let's keep fingers crossed).  That's what I call
> "Enterprise grade" :-)
>
> I don't care if the CentOS release comes days or weeks (or months)
> after
> the RedHat release as long as it comes one day.
>
> And sincerely: I don't understand, why RedHat/CentOS should not be
> used
> on desktops.
>
> Cheers
>
>     frank
I love CentOS. Use it at home, also at my small business. Doing a
count I find that I have 5 servers,  2 work stations with dual LCD
monitors, and one laptop. The team and supporting repos do a GREAT
job, very much appreciated. I am trying to find ways to help, offer
the occasional response to requests etc. Keep up the excellent work,
this community member thanks you.