[CentOS] Adobe Flash Install Woes

Sun Mar 29 17:38:51 UTC 2009
Chuck <chuck.carson at gmail.com>

On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 12:28 PM, Frank Cox <theatre at sasktel.net> wrote:

> On Sun, 29 Mar 2009 12:12:44 -0500
> Chuck wrote:
>
> > Those are i386 builds of curl. Not sure what tool is printing the info
> out
> > like that for you but I have i386 build of curl installed. Those are the
> > only 2 curl packages that ship with centos 5.2.
>
> You're absolutely  sure about that....
>

> ftp://ftp.muug.mb.ca/mirror/centos/5.2/os/x86_64/CentOS/curl-7.15.5-2.el5.x86_64.rpm
>
> > Curl would only affect the
> > install process anyways, which I did. There is something deeper at fault
> > here.
>
> I set up a Centos x86_64 machine the other day and flash did not work until
> installed the i386 version of curl.  And that version is apparently not
> installed by default.
>
> Type this:
>
> yum install curl.i386
>

> --

Im on i386 platform as illustrated by my uname and file output above. Since
I'm running 32bit, there are only 2 packages of curl - the core package and
the dev libs.... Once again though, curl is used by the installer (man curl
to see what curl does), not once its installed.. I manually installed curl,
thus eliminating curl being the issue anyways.

-CC