[CentOS] Installing Cent OS from a usb flash drive

Tue Mar 31 13:05:58 UTC 2009
Timothy Murphy <gayleard at eircom.net>

Jimmy Bradley wrote:

>       I recently acquired a Fujitsu Lifebook 1610. Unfortunately, the
> machine was missing a lot of the stuff that would've come with it brand
> new, mainly the usb cdrom drive.
>       Currently, I'm running Fedora on it, and I installed it using a
> usb flash drive with the help of a program called unetbootin(Probably
> not spelled right). to load the ISO onto the USB drive. I've
> successfully used the same program to load the Cent OS live cd onto a
> flash drive, and I've run it on the machine.
>       Now, is there a way that I can install cent os onto the machine by
> way of the usb flash drive? I've tried the network install route, and
> didn't have any luck.

What was the problem with this?
I would have thought the simplest solution would be
to transfer the Centos netinstall ISO to your usb stick
in the same way as your other transfers.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net