[CentOS] Inotify or equivalent

Joseph L. Casale JCasale at activenetwerx.com
Fri May 1 20:07:38 UTC 2009

>After the client exits the data base with the QB
>client the files are changed and the client can't work with them.

Actually, they can but they can't delete files when they make test
companies for example.

>The changes are being done on the Linux side by gamin (filemon).
>
>I do question what would happen if you stopped the "qbmonitord" daemon??

Well, then the two qb daemons are needed for the Enterprise version
to run in multi user mode, so it would break if I stopped it, files set to
multi user are no longer accessible iirc.

Realtime is not needed, I could just script it manually but I was hoping
for a prettier solution.

jlc