[CentOS] Web Serving

Jason Todd Slack-Moehrle

mailinglists at MailNewsRSS.com
Fri May 1 23:32:08 UTC 2009

Hi All,

My quest is going slowly but surely and I am learning a lot.

I use ColdFusion. I installed in on My CentOS 5.3 instance and all was
well.

I added: DirectoryIndex index.html index.html.var index.php index.cfm
index.cfml
to httpd.conf and restarted.

I put an index.cfm page in /var/www/html and removed the standard
index.html and I can see when I hit my IP it works.

I then created virtual hosts for a few coldfusion websites in
httpd.conf and added the directories to /var/www/html

One thing I notice is the owner/group is 501 and games like:

drwxr-xr-x  5  501 games 4096 Apr 25 23:57 www_sheldony_com

Is this normal? I just did a simply mkdir statement. Did I screw
something up?

And when I try to hit an index.cfm page Firefox prompts me to download
binary data.

When I try to hit the CF Administrator I get the same 'binary' data
file download.

I am running CF on port 80 as I need to.

Examples that works: http://67.23.34.37/
Does not work: http://67.23.34.37/cfide/administrator

Ideas?

-Jason