[CentOS] Adding an 'official' CentOS image to the Amazon EC2(Electronic Compute Cloud)

Jason Aubrey jaubrey at connamara.com
Thu May 7 16:23:21 UTC 2009

I don't have much experience with AWS yet, so I can't speak to any
support issues.
We're looking at leveraging it for automated builds initially
(occasional up time) for proprietary and open source projects.

For making an image public, it would obviously be great if Amazon
would sponsor the image...
However, if this isn't the case maybe centos.org could publish an
image identifier(s) on their website and then have it labeled 'public'
on the AWS console.
Each image has a unique identifier used to instantiate it, so as long
as centos.org publishes approved ids then that would be a pretty good
work around in my opinion.

Jason Aubrey