[CentOS] OT: Photo Editor to reduce 272 photos to VGA at once

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Thu May 7 19:45:31 UTC 2009

Robert Heller wrote:
>> why not post them on a website like picasaweb.google.com (since you
>> mentioned picasa) and then just email the URL ?
> Or just install ImageMagicK and use convert and zip in a script:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> mkdir VGA
> for im in *.jpeg; do
>   convert $in -geometry 640x480 VGA/$in
> done
> zip BogotaVGA.zip -r VGA

my point was, don't email the files, email a link to them on a photo
gallery website...   that way the user clicks on the link and can view
the gallery online, and download the pictures if he wants....
if you mail a zip file, the user has to save the zip file, unzip it
somewhere, then find and run a local picture viewer against the
generated folder.

I suggested picasa because the original poster mentioned it, Picasa will
post a gallery to your (free up to 1GB) account on the picasaweb server
with a single click of the album "sync' button...