[CentOS] Missing Dependency: /usr/share/magic.mime

Ralph Angenendt ra+centos at br-online.de
Tue May 12 10:06:59 UTC 2009

Karanbir Singh wrote:

> > I'll note for "the Record" that the "yum clean all" trick worked on
> > 100% of my x86_64 machines, about six in all.
> >

> Ralph was working on this earlier today, however it would be really good
> to get a copy of someone's /var/cache/yum ( minus the rpm's ) in a
> tarball, attached to that bugreport - from a time when they can
> demonstrate the issue. ie 'before' doing the yum clean all.

As that was a bit too large for the bug tracker:

<http://people.centos.org/ralph/update.tar.bz2>

root at dryckjom:~# LANG=C yum --disablerepo=\* --enablerepo=update  whatprovides "/usr/share/magic.mime"
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
Excluding Packages in global exclude list
Finished
Importing additional filelist information
kernel-xen-devel-2.6.18-128.1.10.el5.x86_64 : Development package for building kernel
                                            : modules to match the kernel.
Matched from:
Filename    : /usr/share/magic.mime

file-4.17-15.x86_64 : A utility for determining file types.
Matched from:
Other       : Provides-match: /usr/share/magic.mime

Ralph