[CentOS] Dual-booting CentOS and WinXP

Sorin Srbu

sorin.srbu at orgfarm.uu.se
Thu May 14 13:59:56 UTC 2009

Hi all,

You know how I asked about procedures to build a dual-boot system with
CentOS and WinXP a while ago? Well, I I've begun with a test machine.

What I had from start was a working CentOS 5.3 32b system. What I did was to
just add another empty drive configured as slave and then boot from the
Windows install cd.

The most curious thing happened now, I get a blank screen after the Windows
installer screen saying something about "Setting up install procedure..."
just at the beginning. That is to say, this happens only if the hd with
CentOS is connected to power. If I disconnect the power connector to the
CentOS drive, the Windows installer happily goes on.

Is this to be expected, that Windows won't install if it sees a hd with
another OS as master?

Thanks for any hints.
--
BW,