[CentOS] Preventing hour-long fsck on ext3-filesystem

Filipe Brandenburger filbranden at gmail.com
Thu May 14 21:59:00 UTC 2009

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 17:21, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is this a reasonable choice on a 32 bit machine?  I thought 4k stacks
> were a problem.

Oh yeah, I failed to mention in my previous e-mail that all the
machines I have running XFS are using x86_64 versions of CentOS.

I don't know if the 4k stack on 32-bit machines is still an issue.

In any case, nowadays I would recommend x86_64 for servers anyway,
even if they have only 2GB of RAM. It works much better than PAE,
etc., for 4GB RAM or more, and even if you still have less than 4GB
RAM installing x86_64 will make it much easier when you want to
upgrade.

Filipe