[CentOS] openldap and nscd

Manuel Monteiro Manuel.Monteiro at astro.up.pt
Fri May 15 16:52:49 UTC 2009

nate wrote:
> Manuel Monteiro wrote:
>
>> bind_policy soft
>
> try changing the policy to hard from soft and see if that helps
>
> # Reconnect policy: hard (default) will retry connecting to
> # the software with exponential backoff, soft will fail
> # immediately.
> #bind_policy hard

As far as I remember we are using soft because system would take to long
to boot trying to connect to LDAP, but I'll try this over the weekend
with less users around!

Meanwhile I'm also getting some authentication problems with IMAP server
(dovecot)... the only service that I didn't find any failure was with
SSH, but it's only used occasionally.

Manuel