[CentOS] [OT] Anyone use a Blackberry?

John Thomas gmane-2006-04-16 at jt-socal.com
Sat May 16 18:08:15 UTC 2009

Rudi Ahlers wrote:
> Unless you absolutely have to have groupware functionality + shared
> tasks, shared calender, etc on your blackberry, and want to pay extra
> for PUSH, it's not necessary to go this route.

Google has a BB app that will sync contacts and calendars to their
servers.  There are serveral SyncML clients, if my memory serves, that
will sync to open source products.

> Simply setup an IMAP server, and set your blackberry  to connect to the
> IMAP server, This is how I do mine, and it work very well.

Further, BB now supports IDLE, which produces "push" type (instant)
email on IMAP.  Cyrus supports IDLE.  I am not sure about the others.

--
Sincerely,
John Thomas