[CentOS] fsck file system is mounted

Sat May 16 23:54:12 UTC 2009

On 5/16/09, centos at 911networks.com <centos at 911networks.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to run fsck or any other program to check if there is
> drive problem. I don't want it repaired, now, but maybe later on.
>
> I can't shutdown the system and reboot in single user-mode.
>
> All suggestions are welcomed.

In the 7 1/2 years I have been hosting with OLM, several times, I have
seen things like this, which was posted on April 8th. Fortunately, the
servers I use have been trouble free, so far.... I hope you have
a_current_backup of everything on that server!

"The server (deleted) is currently off-line and undergoing
maintenance. The server experienced multiple drive failures in the
disk array. We are in the process of rebuilding the array. This
process will take several hours to complete. We appreciate your
patience during this time."