[CentOS] Solved: Dual-booting CentOS and WinXP

Sorin Srbu sorin.srbu at orgfarm.uu.se
Tue May 19 06:51:17 UTC 2009

Thanks for the hint, but it won't work for us, we need the stand-alone
machines for a course-lab. Each student working at one machine kind of
scenario, though the idea is interesting in order to eliminate dual-booting.
Always booting linux and having Windows running in Xen or something at the
same time sound appealing actually. I'll see if this is feasible with the
course-admins.

Anyway, we have volume licenses for Windows, so no need for re-activation or
anything.

Update: Just spoke to the course-admin a quickie. He saw no reason to not run
Windows virtual machines on a linux box. I'll look into this after the course
is over.
--
/Sorin