[CentOS] Auto-installing security updates?

Anne Wilson

cannewilson at googlemail.com
Tue May 19 15:11:35 UTC 2009

I've been asked to think about setting up an installation for a recently-
widowed man.  His needs are small - mail, Internet, on-line banking, basically
- but his wife dealt with all of it on her laptop and he feels very insecure.

It seems to me that CentOS would be perfect for him except for the need to
keep it securely patched.  I'm wondering if it's possible to auto-install
security updates - for that matter, with so small a set of applications
perhaps auto-installing every update would be good enough.

Maybe this could be done with a script run under cron.daily, so that anacron
picks it up?

I'd be glad of any advice.

Anne