[CentOS] ntfs-3g question

Sat May 23 17:00:13 UTC 2009

On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 10:32 AM, MHR <mhullrich at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is probably a dumb question, but I've looked around and I can't
> find anything on this.
>
> I'm using ntfs-3g now, from rpmforge, to access my M$ Window$ disks
> for offline backup and other such menial tasks, and I noticed that the
> ntfs file systems are not mounted automatically, but I have to mount
> them manually as ntfs-3g devices.
>
> I _thought_ when I installed the whole dkms-fuse and fuse-ntfs-3g
> packages from rpmforge that they would be more integrated into the
> system (i.e., direct automount).  Is that just my erroneous
> expectation, or did I miss something in the installation process?
<snip>

you forgot to add something like the below, to your /etc/fstab file:

    /dev/sda1 /mnt/windows ntfs-3g defaults 0

modify what's above, so it works for you.

This works fine. I can read/write to/from my NTFS partition and ext3 partition.

The only possible issue I saw was that after the upgrade to 5.3, it
didn't work. Possibly I needed to wait longer for it to kick in, or
reboot again. Akemi I think commented on that thread.

OT: About the Canon support for Linux, some years ago, I received a
reply from Lexmark Tech Support that they wouldn't release an updated
Linux driver for our printer. Probably won't be buying any Lexmark
printers after that.