[CentOS] Intel Atom systems?

Tosh toshlinux at gmail.com
Mon May 25 08:04:08 UTC 2009

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Hi Bill,

> Something I totally left out in my last email - atleast 2 people have
> reported success using C5 on Atom. I've looked at one of the original
> intel reference platform kits, and things worked pretty much out of the box.

I have a mail server running with an atom 230 processor (intel original
board), I installed it about a year ago and had to install the nic
driver 8101 manually

One of our customers has around 20 kiosks with the atom 330 processors
(intel original board) runs out of the box with centos 5.3

technically there are just old celeron (pentium4 based) processors with
low energy consumption, so for the operating system it makes no real
difference, for your electricity bill it does

--
Toshaan <toshlinux at gmail.com> - http://www.toshaan.be