[CentOS] Auto-installing security updates?

Sorin Srbu sorin.srbu at orgfarm.uu.se
Mon May 25 13:02:28 UTC 2009

Behalf
>Of William L. Maltby
>Sent: Monday, May 25, 2009 2:24 PM
>To: CentOS mailing list
>Subject: Re: [CentOS] Auto-installing security updates?
>
>> >Probably not the best distro for Laptops,
>> >but many people on this list are using CentOS on their laptops.
>>
>> So what's considered to be the "best" choice for laptops? I understand
>> mileage may vary and so on, but I think there might maybe be a general
>> consensus at least?
>  ^^^^^^^^^
>
>Not likely on this list. More likely, a "preponderance", maybe even a
>"majority", but I wouldn't be surprised if even those aren't achieved.
>BTW, "general" is redundant with "consensus".

I'm sorry. I'm not a native English speaker or writer.

Ok, so what would you guys suggest using on a laptop, if CentOS was not an
option? I read in an earlier post where somebody suggested chosing distro
based on the hardware. Suppose this hardware is a Dell Latitude a few years
old, with no built-in wifi, but rather either a Dlink DFE-680TXD or a 3com
3CRWE154G72.
--
/Sorin