[CentOS] Preventing hour-long fsck on ext3-filesystem

Tru Huynh tru at centos.org
Tue May 26 07:46:35 UTC 2009

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 03:07:00PM -0700, Akemi Yagi wrote:
> On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 2:49 PM, Tru Huynh <tru at centos.org> wrote:
> > On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 10:10:58AM -0700, Akemi Yagi wrote:
> >> If you are running CentOS-4, the last 2 kernels do not (yet) have
> >> corresponding kmod-xfs.  You need to wait for CentOS devs to build
> >> those kmods or to supply a kernel version independent kmod.
> >
> > I have just pushed the latest .22 kernel... for extras.
>
> The one for the .22 centosplus kernel will be nice to have as well.

grr, I keep forgetting that one :(
Thanks for the reminder :)

The CentOS-4 centosplus kmod-xfs are being pushed now to the mirrors.

Btw I have rebuild the kmod-xfs independant version for the .22 kernel (regular
and centosplus). I am not sure if the rebuild was really required.

Nevertheless they are available at:
ttp://people.centos.org/tru/kABI/

The previous kernel version independent kmod for xfs
(built for the .13 version) are still on the testing repo.

We can push either version in the next weeks, say June 15th?
to their final repositories. Does that sound good?

Cheers,

Tru