[CentOS] Kernel message - Disabling IRQ #50

Sergej Kandyla sk.paix at gmail.com
Thu May 28 11:10:46 UTC 2009

Ralph Angenendt пишет:
> Sergej Kandyla wrote:
>
>> Hi all!
>>
>> After booting the server I have this message:
>>

>> irq 50: nobody cared (try booting with the "irqpoll" option)
>>
>                         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Oh, thanks... currently I don't see this message after reboot with irqpoll.

Could you advice about second issue.

When booting I see

powernow-k8: Pre-initialization of ACPI failed
powernow-k8: Found 1 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4800+
processors (2 cpu cores) (version 2.20.00)
powernow-k8: Your BIOS does not provide _PSS objects.  PowerNow! does
not work on SMP systems without _PSS objects.  Complain to your BIOS vendor.
powernow-k8: Your BIOS does not provide _PSS objects.  PowerNow! does
not work on SMP systems without _PSS objects.  Complain to your BIOS vendor.

I googled and find next advice:

"This is displayed because the CPU frequency scaling is disabled. Enable
it by setting the "AMD Cool 'n' Quiet Function" in the BIOS settings to
"Auto" and that warning will disappear.
(You'll find it in Advanced->CPU Configuration)"

But I think that I don't need the CPU frequency scaling on the server.

What is the best solution?
Never mind about this message ?

Thanks in advice.

--