[CentOS] OT: Testing and monitoring hardware RAID

Dianne Yumul dianne at wellsgaming.com
Thu May 28 16:25:34 UTC 2009

Thanks for the help Karanbir and Rainer.

> That sounds quite silly - also going through reboots means downtime,
> isnt that the sort of thing that raid1 was designed to protect against
> anyway.

I guess it would be silly :). I just wanted to make sure it was doing
what it ought too.

>> Have you looked into adaptec supplied management s/w ? In pretty much
>> ever case with such hba's the most functional way to look at state
>> and
>> do any management on raid tends to be from vendor supplied s/w
>
> Adaptec - I don't know.
> They aquired a lot of companies over the years and thus the quality of
> the management-apps is/was sometimes questionable - and you never knew
> which one was good and which one wasn't as it varied between different
> revisions of the same hardware (which might have a similar name but a
> totally different tech inside...).

I checked the Adaptec site again and found a link to the Adaptec
Storage Manager.
I don't know how I missed that, thanks for the push in the right
direction.
Hopefully it works.

Thanks,

dianne