[CentOS] X11 on 5.3 not ALWAYS autologin

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Fri May 29 18:52:55 UTC 2009

> On Fri, May 29, 2009, Jerry Geis wrote:
> >/I think what is happening is UNKOWN keys are continuously getting
> />/spit out. So error keycodes perhaps stops the autologin process.
> />/
> />/I get many errors about unknown key pressed released for
> />/e03e, e03f, e014.
> />/
> />/This is a new HP HDX18 laptop. Thought it was a regular looking
> />/keyboard layout.
> />/
> />/Anyone ran into this?
> /
> Probably not as autologin is an extremely Bad Idea(tm),
> particularly for laptops as it allows anybody who can turn the
> power on access to the machine.

Bill

Actually  auto login is an extremely nice feature when it is done correctly.
I was trying to be brief and save bandwith as to WHY I want to autologin.
It is not for my personal laptop of course I would not do that. This is
for a demostration
laptop and I dont think some sales people have the ability to login to a
laptop and remember the
user id and password. SO to make things easy for them I have the laptop
autologin.

There are no trade secrets on the laptop, nothing anyone wants I just
want it to correctly
auto login.

So I was hoping some else had perhaps ran into this issue or might shed
some light on it.

Thanks all,

Jerry