[CentOS] Rosewill RSV-S8 Storage Enclosure Support

Fri May 1 23:12:49 UTC 2009
Ruslan Sivak <russ at vshift.com>

I'm trying to get RSV-S8 working with Citrix XenServer 5 update 3 (which
I believe runs CentOS 5.something).

I have the Rosewill card that comes with it in there (sil3132 based).
It's seeing the card, and seeing all my drives.

I fdisk the drives and I can create the partitions, but I am unable to
set up either software raid or create filesystems.  I keep getting
errors saying that the volumes are in use (although they do not appear
to be mounted anywhere).

# mkfs.ext3 /dev/sdc1
mke2fs 1.39 (29-May-2006)
/dev/sdc1 is apparently in use by the system; will not make a filesystem
here!

# mdadm --create /dev/md0 --level=0 --raid-devices=2 /dev/sdb1 /dev/sdc1
mdadm: Cannot open /dev/sdb1: Device or resource busy
mdadm: Cannot open /dev/sdc1: Device or resource busy
mdadm: create aborted

Am I doing something wrong or is it possibly an issue with the driver?
I had no problems using this under windows.

Russ