[CentOS] Local yum mirror and repomd.xml

Thu May 7 22:28:10 UTC 2009
Mathew S. McCarrell <mccarrms at gmail.com>

Hey,

So, I'm having a minor issue.  Today, I configured one of our CentOS systems
to use our local mirror (mirror.clarkson.edu) for its repositories.  After
doing this, I ran a yum update and received the following warning in the
output along with the updates available:

Not using downloaded repomd.xml because it is older than what we have:
  Current   : Thu May  7 14:41:57 2009
  Downloaded: Tue Apr 28 05:04:32 2009

In order to get rid of this error, I ran "yum clean all" and then "yum
update" again.  This results in the warning no longer being present but also
results in yum telling me there are no packages marked for update.

Any thoughts on why this is occuring?  I've posted my mirror configuration
at the bottom of the page.

Thanks,
Matt

======= Mirror Configuration (CentOS-Base.repo) =======

# CentOS-Base.repo
#
# This file uses a new mirrorlist system developed by Lance Davis for
CentOS.
# The mirror system uses the connecting IP address of the client and the
# update status of each mirror to pick mirrors that are updated to and
# geographically close to the client.  You should use this for CentOS
updates
# unless you are manually picking other mirrors.
#
# If the mirrorlist= does not work for you, as a fall back you can try the
# remarked out baseurl= line instead.
#
#

[base]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Base
#mirrorlist=
http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=$releasever&arch=$basearch&repo=os
baseurl=http://mirror.clarkson.edu/centos/$releasever/os/$basearch/
gpgcheck=1
protect=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-5

#released updates
[updates]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Updates
#mirrorlist=
http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=$releasever&arch=$basearch&repo=updates
baseurl=http://mirror.clarkson.edu/centos/$releasever/updates/$basearch/
gpgcheck=1
protect=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-5

#packages used/produced in the build but not released
[addons]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Addons
#mirrorlist=
http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=$releasever&arch=$basearch&repo=addons
baseurl=http://mirror.clarkson.edu/centos/$releasever/addons/$basearch/
gpgcheck=1
protect=0
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-5

#additional packages that may be useful
[extras]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Extras
#mirrorlist=
http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=$releasever&arch=$basearch&repo=extras
baseurl=http://mirror.clarkson.edu/centos/$releasever/extras/$basearch/
gpgcheck=1
protect=0
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-5

#additional packages that extend functionality of existing packages
[centosplus]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Plus
#mirrorlist=
http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=$releasever&arch=$basearch&repo=centosplus
baseurl=http://mirror.clarkson.edu/centos/$releasever/centosplus/$basearch/
gpgcheck=1
enabled=0
protect=0
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-5

#contrib - packages by Centos Users
[contrib]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Contrib
#mirrorlist=
http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=$releasever&arch=$basearch&repo=contrib
baseurl=http://mirror.clarkson.edu/centos/$releasever/contrib/$basearch/
gpgcheck=1
enabled=0
protect=0
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-5

Mathew S. McCarrell
Clarkson University '10

mccarrms at gmail.com
mccarrms at clarkson.edu