[CentOS] madwifi not working for 5.2 x64

Sun May 24 11:17:01 UTC 2009
Dag Wieers <dag at centos.org>

On Fri, 10 Apr 2009, sumit agarwal wrote:

> i installed madwifi on 5.2 x64 but it dosent seem to be working
> any clues?

For people with madwifi issues or looking for a better solution to Atheros
support, the elrepo repository is tesing new backported ath5k drivers that
Red Hat is preparing for RHEL 5.4. We think we have fixed all known
issues, but to help us with improved Atheros support in CentOS 5.4 we need
to make sure Red Hat ships something that works across all boards.

So if you have an Atheros chipset and want to help test the newer ath5k
driver, go to:

     http://elrepo.org/linux/testing/el5/i386/RPMS/
or  http://elrepo.org/linux/testing/el5/x86_64/RPMS/

and try the kmod-ath5k and kmod-mac80211 packages for your kernel. (First
remove the madwifi driver though, to make sure there is no interference a
reboot may help too).