[CentOS] resolving names it is really slow slow with CentOS5.x using named

Mon May 25 10:51:17 UTC 2009
carlopmart <carlopmart at gmail.com>

Hi all,

  I have a problem using named with different CentOS5 servers (2 servers): all
they are really slow to resolv any internet address and most of time fails to
resolv. This situation differs if I use "forwarders" servers like opendns:
resolving names it is really really quickly. And I don't understand why.

  On the other hand I have tested three DNS servers using Windows 2003, Windows
2008 and Ubuntu hardy and these problems doesn't occurs (I don't need to
configure forwarders on any of them): all resolves any name and really fast.

  IPv6 is disabled on both CentOS servers. Somebody knows why these dns servers
are slow??

  Thanks.

--
CL Martinez