[CentOS] jigdo images

Wed May 6 09:41:51 UTC 2009
Marcelo M. Garcia <marcelo.maia.garcia at googlemail.com>

Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> Marcelo M. Garcia wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Is there a jigdo image available for CentOS-5.3?
>
> No. Several people have looked into it, but either haven't understood jigdo or
> lost interest in it.
>
>> Or is there a jigdo project for CentOS?
>
> Want to start one? Join the centos-devel mailing list and make a thought out
> proposal on there >:)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ralph - who hasn't really understood jigdo and then lost interest =:)

Hi Raplh

The reason I'm asking about Jigdo is because some firewall blocks
torrent and some proxies (like here in the office) block file with the
kind of size of a DVD image. After using jigdo to download Debian
images, which uses wget to download small files, I got the impression
that was a good way to solve both problems.

I have been looking what Fedora is (or was) doing with Jigdo. It seems
to solve some problems and create new ones[1].

Maybe now I understand why there is an entry in CentOS wiki on how to
create a DVD from the CDs[2].

Regards

mg.

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/JigdoRelease